S. M. C. (SISTER MARY CATHERINE)
Rebuilding the walls : the epic story of the Canonesses Regular of the Lateran at St. Monica's, Louvain now at St. Augustine's Priory, Newton-Abbot, Devon, ca. 1959.
MANUSCRIPT NUMBER 052
REPRODUCTION: All requests subject to limitations noted in departmental policies on reproduction.
COPYRIGHT: Information on copyright (literary rights) available from repository.
CITATION: S. M. C. (Sister Mary Catherine) Rebuilding the walls, MSS 052, Archives and Manuscripts Dept., Pitts Theology Library, Emory University.
St. Monica's Priory is a community of Canonesses Regular of St. Augustine, now affiliated to the Lateran, dating back to the English monastery, St. Monica's which was founded in Louvain, Belgium in 1609. The congregation came to England in 1794. After living in various places, the nuns finally settled at the house of St. Augustine's Priory, Newton Abbot, South Devon. They are distinguished for their devotion of the Perpetual Adoration of the Most Blessed Sacrament, which was begun in 1859. [from The Directory of Religious Orders, Congregations, and Societies of Great Britain and Ireland, pages 194-195]
This typed manuscript provides a history of these Augustinian canonesses, from their founding to about 1959. It is 274 pages long and includes a preface by Dom John Stephan O.S.B., F.R.Hist.S. Author: Sister Mary Catherine, of the Dominican Convent of St. Catherine of Sienna, Torquay (secular name: Kathleen Agnes Cicely Anderson)
Folder 1 Preface, Index (Chapters) Folder 8 Chapters 14-15 Folder 2 Chapters 1-2 Folder 9 Chapters 16-17 Folder 3 Chapters 3-5 Folder 10 Chapters 18-20 Folder 4 Chapters 6-7 Folder 11 Chapters 21-23 Folder 5 Chapters 8-9 Folder 12 Chapters 24-26 Folder 6 Chapters 10-11 Folder 13 Chapters 27-29 Folder 7 Chapters 12-13 Folder 14 Chapters 30-32