ST. ANDREW UNITED METHODIST CHURCH (COLLEGE PARK, GA.)
RECORD GROUP NUMBER 038
EXTENT: 2.5 cubic ft. (4 legal archives boxes, 1 half-size legal archives box, and 1 oversize folder )
REPRODUCTION: All requests subject to limitations noted in departmental policies on reproduction.
COPYRIGHT: Information on copyright (literary rights) available from repository.
CITATION: St. Andrew United Methodist Church (College Park, Ga.) Records, RG 038, Archives and Manuscripts Dept., Pitts Theology Library, Emory University.
In 1947, Rev. H.B. Duling, Sr. organized St. Andrew in College Park, Georgia,
with 21 charter members. At that time meetings were held at Powell and
Riverdale Road, where a Sunday school was started that soon had 35 people
attending. A new building was constructed at 4619 Bostwick Drive.
It opened its doors to the community on Easter morning 1949. Due to
rapid growth, a second building was completed for Sunday school and Boy Scout
meetings. In 1952, the church built a parsonage at 2245 Shancey Lance.
Due to airport expansion in the 1960’s the church was relocated to 2495 Burdett
Road. In 1990, the congregation of St. Andrew, with the approval of
the Bishop, voted to close its doors. The Church property was then transferred
to the District Trustees to be used for Church Development.
St. Andrew church history, Box 25 Folder 5, United Methodist Church (U.S.) North Georgia Conference Local church histories, MSS 028, Archives and Manuscripts Dept., Pitts Theology Library, Emory University.
Lawrence, Harold. Changes in charge lines: North Georgia Conference, 1913-1996. Milledgeville, Ga.: Boyd Publishing Company, 1997.
This collection consists of quarterly church conference records, reports
to Annual Conference and membership information. There are charge conference
records dating from 1948-1989 as well as reports to Annual Conference from
1961-1988. Also of note are the membership records. They include
a church register, a membership and church record book, and several loose-leaf
membership rolls. These records contain the church membership information
for the years 1956-1989.
Box/Folder Description Dates
1/1 Annual conference reports 1961-1964
1/2 Annual reports to the N. GA conference 1968-1988
1/3 Called church conference 1989 Dec
1/4 Church conference records 1989
1/5 Charge (church) conference records 1988
1/6 Called church conference 1987 Dec
1/7 Church conference records 1987
1/8 Church conference records 1986
1/9 Charge conference records 1985
1/10 Charge conference records 1984
1/11 Charge conference records 1983
1/12 Charge conference records 1982
1/13 Charge conference records 1981-1982
2/1 Charge conference records 1980
2/2 Charge conference records 1979
2/3 Charge conference records 1978
2/4 Charge conference records 1977-1978
2/5 Charge conference records 1976-1977
2/6 Quarterly conference records 1974-1975
2/7 Quarterly conference records 1972-1974
2/8 Quarterly conference records 1973
2/9 Charge conference minutes 1971-1974
2/10 Charge conference records 1970-1974
2/11 Quarterly conference records 1969-1971
3/1 Quarterly conference records 1967-1969
3/2 Quarterly conference records 1965-1967
3/3 Quarterly conference records 1963-1965
3/4 Quarterly conference records 1962 Sep – 1963 May
3/5 Quarterly conference records 1961 Aug – 1962 Apr
3/6 Quarterly conference records 1959-1961
3/7 Quarterly conference records 1956-1962
3/8 Quarterly conference records 1948-1956
folder Church register 1958-1971
4/1 Membership and church record 1956-1965
4/2 Membership roll in loose leaf 1958-1970
4/3 Membership roll in loose leaf 1958-1970
4/4 Membership roll in loose leaf 1958-1970
4/5 Membership roll in loose leaf 1965-1989
4/6 Membership roll in loose leaf 1965-1989
4/7 Membership roll in loose leaf 1965-1989
5/1 Membership roll in loose leaf 1968-1986
5/2 Membership roll in loose leaf 1968-1986
5/3 Membership roll in loose leaf 1968-1986