In order to facilitate the efforts of churches to identify images from the Digital Image Archive for use with the readings of the Revised Common Lectionary, Roy T. Wise, a graduate of Lutheran Theological Southern Seminary and secretary for the Standing Advisory Committee for the Kessler Reformation Collection, has selected these images from the Digital Image Archive for each week's readings.
The Pitts Theology Library is pleased to offer this web resource, which links the readings of Year A of the Revised Common Lectionary to historic woodcuts and engravings in the Digital Image Archive.
- All are available at no charge for non-commercial use.
- We only ask that users credit their source: "Image provided courtesy of the Digital Image Archive, Pitts Theology Library."
- The PDF image is best suited for printed materials.
- Our editors have marked several woodcuts for each Sunday, which seem especially appropriate and attractive; these are designated "Editors' Choice."
- Includes Gospel lessons for every Sunday and most festival days for all denominations using the Revised Common Lectionary.
- Epistle lessons and Hebrew Bible lessons are omitted when no woodcuts are available.
- Comments and corrections should be emailed to email@example.com