TAYLORSVILLE METHODIST CHURCH (TAYLORSVILLE, GA.)
Church register, 1906-1969.
MANUSCRIPT COLLECTION NUMBER 206
REPRODUCTION: All requests subject to limitations noted in departmental policies on reproduction.
COPYRIGHT: Information on copyright (literary rights) available from repository.
CITATION: Taylorsville Methodist Church (Taylorsville, Ga.), Church register, MSS 206, Archives and Manuscripts Dept., Pitts Theology Library, Emory University.
Little information concerning Taylorsville Methodist Church was located.
It was located in Taylorsville, Georgia, which is a part of the Rome District
of the North Georgia Conference of the United Methodist Church (UMC), formerly
the Methodist Episcopal Church, South (MECS). The church was active
from 1906-1969, but the dates of its founding and closing are unknown.
This volume contains a record of the succession of bishops, presiding elders, and preachers in charge from 1906-1933 and the record of membership from 1906-1969 of the Taylorsville Methodist Church. There are no records of marriages and only one entry under the register of infant baptisms: Hugh Isiah Jackson, the son of Mrs. Malinda Jackson was baptized in October of 1923.
The register was published by the Publishing House of the Methodist Episcopal Church South of Nashville, Tennessee and Dallas, Texas. The entries are handwritten in both pencil and ink. The binding is torn and several pages are loose. The membership roll for 1956 is on two separate sheets of paper stuck into the front of the register.
Archives & Manuscripts
Pitts Theology Library
Atlanta, GA 30322
Return to Methodist Collections